Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Retraction!

So, in a previous post, I noted that Pete said our potential wedding DJ sounded a little tooly on the phone.

Well, we met with DJ Greg in person, and he was AWESOME. Like, awesome. We're so happy with our choice; we didn't meet with anyone else about prices or selection because he's so cool. So cool, in fact, that when I mentioned a song he didn't have, he downloaded it on the spot from iTunes (which cost him money, you know) before we even booked him. He also met us a lot closer to home (right in Manchester), and he was very understanding and excited about everything.

So, what I'm trying to say is: Sorry, Greg! Before we met, I had faith in you despite Pete's analysis, and after we met, we decided that Pete's analysis was absolutely totally wrong, and that you were the perfect DJ for us. The end.

Other news: October 30th draws nearer, and we haven't done much more planning. Not that there's really all that much to do. I think today I'm going to email the lady from the Pelham Inn and see if we can get our pies warmed up before they serve them (it's something that's been weight heavily on my mother's mind).

I'm applying for a job today in Canaan, NH for English teaching. I think I've been using the presumption that I will hate high school teaching as a mask for the real reason I've been putting off applying to more teaching jobs: I'm afraid. Afraid of failure, afraid I'll hate it, afraid of parents, and mostly afraid of the students themselves. But, I had a long talk with myself the other day, and here's what it boiled down to: did you hate your job when you taught at UNH? No. Do you hate your job now? Yes. Now to build the courage to mail that application. :)

No comments: